Paul Goodison - Curriculum Vitae
- Innovative and creative knowledge manager with skills in marketing, research, product development, project management, Internet site development and business process re-engineering.
- An excellent Communicator, who is approachable, professional and seeks to develop trust and confidence within a working environment.
- An ideas person who delivers by applying knowledge and creativity to identify and solve problems, increase efficiency and innovate to achieve new opportunities.
- A conscientious leader, who seeks to develop others through responsibility and mentoring to achieve their full potential.
- Interested in understanding communications technologies in a consumer market place, with a particular emphasis on Internet and wireless, and personal publishing
- Honours degree in Politics and PGCE in Social Science
- CIM Professional Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing
- Over 8 years within the Cable Industry
- End to end management of new products and enhancements from research of ideas, business case, supplier relations, development, commercial implementation and launch
- Initiation and then management of a Corporate Intranet & nationwide team to deliver knowledge management focusing on improved customer service
- Key knowledge of telecoms/cable environment, maintaining ongoing understanding of Internet and related technology and marketplaces
- Redesign and implementation of new business processes and utilising change management
- Delivery of training and education by defining objectives, develop training plans, delivery and assessment
As a Product Development Manager with ntl: Home implemented Price Change project which delivered £7m incremental revenue per annum and implemented numerous other enhancements bringing in incremental revenue of over £1m per annum
As an Internet Centric Manager introduced knowledge & content management processes to improve organisational learning and productivity
As Consumer Services Webmaster (Intranet Manager) I developed an Intranet system from scratch. Initial implementation achieved a cost saving of £200K over 1 year.
As a process re-engineer was responsible for improved sales to install process, reducing costs by 20% from £100 per sale to £80 per sale, and time by 80% from 2 days to 3 hours
2005-ongoing Self-employed Consultant
2004-05 Ntl - E-Care Manager
2001-04 Ntl - Product Development
2000-01 Ntl – Internet Centric Manager
1997-99 Ntl – Consumer Service Webmaster (Intranet Manager)
1996-97 CableTel - Business Process Re-engineer
1992-97 Various Teaching Posts and Administration posts
Paul J Goodison B.A. (Hons), PGCE, QTS, dipM, ACIM
Address supplied on request
Born: 20th November 1970
Educated: Horsell High School 1984-87, Woking 6th Form College 1987-89, University of Hull 1989-92, and Institute of Education - University of London 1994-1995.